CV & Summary
Dynamic and visionary CEO with a rich tapestry of over 25 years of leadership experience, I have dedicated my career to driving sustainable growth, spearheading transformative strategies, and fostering business agility across tech landscapes. My passion lies in steering organizations through the tides of digital transformation, ensuring that our journey from startups to scale-ups is marked by robust and sustainable business models.
I’m at my best when discussing and implementing best practices in:
Digitalization: Harnessing the power of technology to revolutionize operations and customer engagement.
Business Transformation: Pivoting business models to adapt to changing markets and emerging opportunities.
Go-to-Market Strategies: Crafting and executing innovative strategies that penetrate markets and capture value.
Leadership: Guiding startups and established firms with a steady hand and a clear vision.
Restructuring: Analyzing and realigning organizational structures to optimize performance and efficiency.
Sustainable Development: Building pathways from inception to exit that are economically viable and environmentally conscious.
With hands-on experience in platform innovation and a profound understanding of the SaaS/PaaS business model, I have effectively led product development from ideation through to launch. Since taking the helm at bitkasten GmbH, I have not only executed a successful proof of concept but also created a thriving customer base, propelling the company into rapid growth.
CEO | Managing Director
bitkasten GmbH, Nuremberg since April 2021
bitkasten GmbH is a German software-as-a-service (SaaS) and green-tech provider for completely digitalising letter communication.
Since the start of product development of bitkasten in 2018, bitkasten GmbH has already acquired satisfied customers and is growing rapidly following a successful ‘Proof of Concept’.
- The digital counterpart to the postal service, which delivers letters digitally
- The home mailbox for digital mail from all participating senders
- The yellow mailbox that also sends mail digitally
- A secure delivery service/trusted service via postal address
- A ready-made sender/receiver marketplace & portal
- The ‘digital last mile’ to the citizen/customer/employee instead of postal shipping
- Secure & GDPR compliant
Since the start of product development of bitkasten in 2018, bitkasten GmbH has already acquired satisfied customers and is growing rapidly following a successful ‘Proof of Concept’.”
CEO/ Managing Director bitkasten GmbH , Nürnberg
From: April 2021
bitkasten GmbH is a German software-as-a-service (SaaS) and clean-tech provider for completely digitalising mail communication.
The solution is the bitkasten, a portal and global dispatch platform for digital mail – ecological, sustainable and smart.
bitkasten is a smart green communication and digitalisation platform.
Communication is as quick as e-mail but without e-mail – smart, secure and green
General Manager DACH, Graphic Communication & Commercial Excellence Xerox GmbH
From: November 2017 – March 2021
- Managed change, development and strategy and held full P&L responsibility for the Xerox High-End Production business in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland with a revenue of over €150M
- Led a team of Managers and specialists (directly and indirectly)
- Achieved up to 44% year on year growth
- Successfully transformed the go-to-market (GTM) strategy from direct to a channel business, eliminated ineffective mono-brand channel partner, and expanded direct sales
- Developed and established a new governance model
- Set up and led the Sales Operations organisation
- Drove all business activities across sales, direct and channel marketing, internal communication, product management, solution offering and back-office operations
- Implemented professional management standards for the organisational structure, coordinated and monitored departments and introduced improvements in terms of quality and performance
- Developed powerful business development strategies and drove continuous improvement initiatives
From: August 2016 – October 2017
- Developed, implemented and refined the global marketing and sales strategy for a rapidly growing start-up business that created a collaborative word processor solution backed by an angel investor
- Led the commercial launch in 2016, hired and managed a team (directly and indirectly), and drove fundraising and Series A readiness activities with full responsibility for direct sales and OEM and integration partnerships
Vice President EMEA / APAC & Global Client Services, Acrolinx
From: January 2014 – July 2016
- Held full P&L responsibility for a business with a revenue of €20M and with average deal sizes up to €800k (perpetual/subscription)
- Led a team of Managers and specialists (directly and indirectly)
- Achieved 35% – 45% year on year growth
- Drove the business across EMEA and APAC, actively explored new business development areas, continuously implemented improvement initiatives and introduced effective management standards within the organisational structure
- Supported the dynamic development of the company in a Global Customer Success capacity, leading Professional Services & Support and Integration Services
- Created and implemented effective strategies for direct sales and strategic channel development: Adobe, SDL
Regional Business Manager HP Indigo & Inkjet Web Press CEE, Hewlett Packard
From: July 2011 – December 2013
- Managed a business with a revenue of $250M
- Led a team of Managers and specialists across 20 countries (directly and indirectly)
- Transformed the business, created, implemented and optimised systems, processes and policies, and achieved 25% – 38% year on year growth
- Held end-to-end responsibility for sales, marketing, services and go-to-market strategies across CEE, EEM and CIS
- Ensured full compliance with internal standards and external regulatory requirements across all systems and procedures
Regional Manager Central EMEA & CEE, HP (Exstream Software)
From: July 2007 – June 2011
- Held full P&L responsibility for a business with average deal sizes up to $4M
- Led a team of 55 Managers and specialists (directly and indirectly)
- Founded the German operations, and managed the DACH and CEE activities for Exstream Software, provider of multichannel customer communication management (CCM) solutions
- Led the reorganisation and restructuring of the Eastern European business after the Exstream Software acquisition by Hewlett-Packard: transitioned the existing structures into HP operating model, managed change and ensured a smooth integration of all processes
Sales Director, Macro 4
From: July 2005 – June 2007
- Designed, developed and implemented successful sales strategies for a business from the IT sector providing accounting, information management, print workflow and document processing solutions to in-house printing facilities
- Proactively monitored sales data and competitor activity, analysed market trends and developed future plans based on available information
- Maintained keen commercial awareness, developed lasting relationships with clients and stakeholders, and established effective communication channels within the business
Managing Director, i-world GmbH
From: May 2002 – June 2005
- Managed, expanded, and developed new strategies for a business providing individual software development for CRM and personalisation, and information management systems solutions to enterprise clients
- Continuously optimised systems and processes, defined, measured, and reviewed existing KPI’s to provide meaningful insight into the business and support sustainable and profitable growth
- Acted as the escalation point for major operational issues and addressed all concerns before they negatively affected the company’s performance
Manager Business Alliance, Imperia AG
From: July 2001 – April 2002
- Held full responsibility for the management, development and growth of a SaaS business providing a cutting-edge web content management solution to Deutsche Post, MediaSaturn, and ProSieben
- Formulated strategic objectives, introduced new operational processes, and implemented effective product management systems (OEM business, SaaS)
- Developed a client-centric culture, following industry best practices and latest trends in key account management
Managing Director, strothKAMP– iT
From: July 1998 – July 2001
- Managed a business from the hardware, software & professional services sector with a revenue of €20M/year
- Led a team of 45 Managers and specialists (directly and indirectly)
- Held full P&L responsibility, ensured that financial performance exceeds forecasts, and maximised sales turnover while delivering operational excellence